1. System Requirements
Make sure that your computer can run Linux. Your computer must meet the following system requirements:
- 2 GHz dual core processor
- 2 gigabytes of RAM (system memory)
- 30-40+ gigabytes of hard drive space
- A DVD drive or USB port on your computer
2. Install the .iso Ubuntu file
If you have enough space on your hard drive, you can install the Ubuntu installer. Click on the link on top of this page to get the installer. Make sure you got enough free space on your harddisk.
3. Open your Virtual Workstation (VMWare)
- Press ‘Create a New Virtual Machine’
- Click ‘Next’ (Typical)
- Press ‘Installer disc image file (iso)’
- Click ‘Browse’
- Search the Ubuntu .iso file you already downloaded
- Click ‘Next’
- Fill in your details
- Fill in a name for your Virtual Machine
- Fill in the amount of hard disk you want to give the VM
- Click ‘Finish’
If you followed the steps you will get the following screen after booting:
This whole process can take a few minutes till it’s completely installed.
Ubuntu is succesfully installed!
If you got any suggestions, questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org